Making loungewear look good has never been something I have been good at. I have always been the kind of person that lives in their pyjamas and has 1 pair of joggers. But if Covid-19 has done nothing else, it has made me realise that lounge-wear doesn’t need to be boring.
Whenever I have spent long periods of time in the house I have either been ill, on holiday or redecorating. I have worked from home and although this might be a dream, the wardrobe situation has made it a nightmare. The problems arose when I was torn between being cosy and looking good. First world problems, I know… but especially if I have had Teams meetings via webcam. However over the last couple of weeks I have found a few ways of making loungewear look good.
- Don’t Go Cheap – I know that given the current situation, telling people to spend money is a silly thing to do. But, I believe that if you spend a bit more and invest in pieces that you love. You will feel good and look good wearing them.
- Co-Ords Can Be Chic – I have always loved a good co-ord set. Whether it be lingerie, a power suit or a gorgeous set of lounge wear. The cream set in the photos is one of my current favourites from Femme Luxe* and can be found here.
- Cream Makes My Heart Scream– I am a messy person so I probably shouldn’t wear lighter colours. However, I think they look so much more chic than dark colours. I think you feel brighter when you dress lighter and wearing white can actually help you feel a bit happier. You can shop my favourite cream lounge wear here.
- Always Prioritise Comfort – Having clothes that are made from good fabrics will have a big impact on how you feel. If you feel comfortable you will find it easier to concentrate as there will be no itches distracting you. The pink tracksuit bottoms I’m wearing are so soft and have been the best comfort while I have been home.
- T-Shirts Can Be Adapted – I have never thought I would be a person that would go for an over -sized t-shirt. But, I can honestly say, I have been converted. This t-shirt has been great for sleeping in, chilling around the house and going out to do the food shopping. You can tuck them in, or tie them up on the waist and they look so chill, its perfect.
So, there you have it, my top tips for making loungewear look good. Overall, I do feel like these tips will help you choose the right pieces and feel good when wearing them. Femme Luxe have some fabulous pieces in a the moment and the quality has been so good. You can view their entire loungewear collection here.
I would love to know how you guys have been styling up your loungewear. If you have any tips for those of us that are not used to dressing like this. Let me know what you think in the comments below and be sure to follow me over on Instagram.
*This is a paid for ad in collaboration with Femme Luxe