I love banana’s, they taste so good and they are really great as a filling snack, but I can only eat them when they are practically still green. So, once they turn I have to find another use for them. But Gluten Free Banana Bread has changed this for the better.
Recently I have been craving cake, don’t know if this is because we are stuck in the house, but I’m all about the baking vibes at the moment. I used to follow basic recipes from the internet, but when I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease, I had to learn to adapt. This recipe has been adapted from the BBC Good Food website, which can be found here, but has been changed to suit health issues.
I have found that the beauty of baking is that there is nothing you can’t change and if you want to add something then you can just do it. I love baking this particular treat as it is quite healthy, and it uses up leftover bananas so that I am creating less waste.
140g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
3 overripe bananas
140g Caster Sugar
140g Butter (Softened)
2 large Eggs
100g Milk Chocolate Chips
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/ Gas Mark 4
- Butter a loaf tin or line the base with parchment paper
- Cream together the sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy
- Slowly add in the 2 large eggs beaten with a small amount of flour
- Fold in the remaining flour and 3 mashed bananas and chocolate chips (leave a small amount for the end)
- Pour into the tin and sprinkle the last of the chocolate chips on top
- Bake for 30 mins until a skewer/knife comes out clean
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack or wooden board
So there you have it, my tasty gluten free banana bread. I hope you guys enjoy making and even more enjoy eating it. I would love to hear about any other ingredients you might add to make it more enjoyable. Let me know in the comments and we can get a recipe book on the go!
If you guys are still looking for things to do whilst in the house during lock down, then you can see my list of TV Series worth watching here. Hopefully, at least one of these will help you to pass the time.